Thanks to Skype and it’s awesome group video feature, my company’s offices in Germany, Sweden and the UK all got together today for Friday afternoon drinks and silly hat day. It was fun, just chatting about non-work related stuff whilst enjoying a virtual beer with your workmates that work in distance offices. We are trying to get everyone to Germany just after Christmas for a real life catch up. If we pull it off, it is going to be a lot of fun, but it will also be good to actually meet face to face the guys that work in our UK office (I already know the guy in our Swedish office having worked with him in Oz) and to be able to spend some non-work time with them.
- 67,380 hits
- RT @CNHeidelberg: Thinking of Home Makes It Harder to Learn a Foreign Language | Wired Science | Wired.com http://t.co/vIFmXk5… 7 hours ago
- The effort it takes to put down @neilhimself's new book & go to sleep is phenomenal. It's the sign of a really good book. 7 hours ago
- I have no desire to cook dinner tonight. Take-away it is. (@ Warme Wurst Hähnchengrill Feinschmecker) 4sq.com/1apHMgC 10 hours ago
- Not sure my brain is up to tackling German grammar this evening. (@ Colón Language Centre) 4sq.com/10tZIEZ 12 hours ago
- Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result. - Winston Churchill 15 hours ago
- my read shelf: