Time for another blog post where I collate all those random thoughts that have been going through my head that are not big enough for a blog post of their very own.
- When did I start thinking of 6C as “not that cold”?
- Will I ever get used to the sun setting so early? Probably not.
- My favourite store name in Germany so far is “Cult At Home”. It never fails to make me laugh. That said, they actually sell some really lovely looking things.
- All the autumn colours are disappearing and the trees are now bare. This makes me sad. I really loved Autumn here.
- I’m so ridiculously excited about the upcoming Christmas Markets. We passed the ones at the Rathaus being set up and I’m not ashamed to say that I bounced around like a 4 year old, much to the amusement of my workmates.
- It is also odd how much I’m really liking the whole Christmas season in general here in Germany, especially since I really didn’t like Christmas back in Australia and found it on the whole to be generally tacky. Maybe because here it doesn’t feel forced and unnatural.
- Some days I feel like I’m gradually getting a handle on the German language and other days I can’t even order my lunch properly. This annoys and frustrates me.
- I wonder if we will get any snow in Hamburg this year. Some people are saying that this year we will have a mild winter whilst others are saying it will be worse than last year which was the worst winter in a decade.