Prompt: Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?
There is only one word that can sum up 2010 for me and that is Eventful.
This is a brief summary of my year (actually just the last 5 months):
- Had a 10 year relationship end in really not a very nice way.
- Travelled to Cologne, Germany 2 weeks after the break-up to compete in martial arts at the Gay Games. Got 1 silver and 2 bronze medals. One might say I had a lot of anger to let out whilst competing.
- Returned home and had one month to pack up my entire life to move Hamburg, Germany as my company had relocated me to the EU office. Needless to say, this was a very stressful time.
- Whilst loving my new life in Germany I had the specture of my visa not being approved hanging over me, which was finally removed this week when I was notified that it had been approved. Breathing a huge sigh of relief.
- Now, to find somewhere long-term to live and get everything organised for living my life permanently here.
In 2011, I would like my word of the year to be Contentment. I want to feel settled and at home in my new host country and just generally be content with where my life is at and where it is heading.