I had a mini-breakthrough today in my extremely long term goal to learn to speak German. I had my very first phone conversation all in German. It was to organise when the technician will come over to install the internet in my new apartment. The conversation itself was very simple, just finding out what days they had free and organising a time, but I didn’t need to ask them to switch to English or to go and grab someone who speaks German. I’m sure I got some grammar wrong but they understood me and that’s the most important thing.
- 94,832 hits
- This raises some interesting points #Supergirl twitter.com/danverslena/st… 4 hours ago
- Wow, look at Brianna of Tarth! twitter.com/Thrones_Memes/… 4 hours ago
- What I'm gathering from current events is that it is okay to shoot a child but it's not okay to have sex with one. 4 hours ago
- What is the deal with the eggplant emoji? What have I missed here? 5 hours ago
- RT @nicolenewblack: This is the only Milo I acknowledge https://t.co/yBaUO2VVxS 5 hours ago
- my read shelf: