I had a mini-breakthrough today in my extremely long term goal to learn to speak German. I had my very first phone conversation all in German. It was to organise when the technician will come over to install the internet in my new apartment. The conversation itself was very simple, just finding out what days they had free and organising a time, but I didn’t need to ask them to switch to English or to go and grab someone who speaks German. I’m sure I got some grammar wrong but they understood me and that’s the most important thing.
- 97,161 hits
- Damn, @jenmorrisonlive looks good with red hair. https://t.co/BVRpjy3V1X 1 hour ago
- RT @BuzzFeed: in case you needed this today https://t.co/D15Qw83FaW 14 hours ago
- RT @OriginalFunko: RT & follow @OriginalFunko for a chance to WIN a #NYCC Exclusive Black Chrome Batman Pop! https://t.co/1q2wjcUubl 14 hours ago
- RT @saychieeef: Hey, twitter. If you know a Black queer or trans woman geek/nerd artist who'd like to be featured in November, pls send the… 15 hours ago
- Hotel room for @EarperConUK is booked. I don’t think I’ve ever been this organized. What are you #Earpers doing to me?? 15 hours ago
- my read shelf: