I had a mini-breakthrough today in my extremely long term goal to learn to speak German. I had my very first phone conversation all in German. It was to organise when the technician will come over to install the internet in my new apartment. The conversation itself was very simple, just finding out what days they had free and organising a time, but I didn’t need to ask them to switch to English or to go and grab someone who speaks German. I’m sure I got some grammar wrong but they understood me and that’s the most important thing.
- 98,882 hits
- RT @emtothea: “Time constraints” = bitch, this franchise has had 72 movies, give me my gay raptors already twitter.com/uproxx/status/… 2 hours ago
- RT @Hajabeg: Sorry, LGBTQ community, we don't have time to show you a Latina being proudly gay in a blockbuster movie because we need to ma… 2 hours ago
- RT @DustinBones13: Now being projected on the San Francisco Federal Building. #Resist #BabyJails #WompWomp https://t.co/iuTzvucyPX 5 hours ago
- RT @stackee: I, for one, am terrified of what an army of toddlers could be capable of when given access to their own parents. https://t.co/… 5 hours ago
- RT @nowhere897: Queer scenes in movies or TV that are "cut for time" is such a fucking cop out! Our representation in media is not expendab… 6 hours ago
- my read shelf: