I had a mini-breakthrough today in my extremely long term goal to learn to speak German. I had my very first phone conversation all in German. It was to organise when the technician will come over to install the internet in my new apartment. The conversation itself was very simple, just finding out what days they had free and organising a time, but I didn’t need to ask them to switch to English or to go and grab someone who speaks German. I’m sure I got some grammar wrong but they understood me and that’s the most important thing.
- 94,054 hits
- RT @extra3: Alle Jahre wieder! #Nikolaus https://t.co/0ylzOBRXYm 7 minutes ago
- RT @geekgirldiva: Representation Matters: How 'Supergirl' and one comic shop employee helped save a girl's life fw.to/yjlPaga via… 9 minutes ago
- RT @ziyatong: Finland Tourism 🤘 https://t.co/vFnGi5JZHn 22 minutes ago
- RT @ferdosnandos: Oh look, a highlights reel for 2016. https://t.co/QQq57OBe4I 25 minutes ago
- The small marina opposite my office building. instagram.com/p/BNrScUDgLBb/ 1 hour ago
- my read shelf: