I had a mini-breakthrough today in my extremely long term goal to learn to speak German. I had my very first phone conversation all in German. It was to organise when the technician will come over to install the internet in my new apartment. The conversation itself was very simple, just finding out what days they had free and organising a time, but I didn’t need to ask them to switch to English or to go and grab someone who speaks German. I’m sure I got some grammar wrong but they understood me and that’s the most important thing.
- 97,872 hits
- RT @rabihalameddine: And just when you thought nothing could get crazier: "The persecution of gun owners in America has an "uncanny" simila… 1 hour ago
- RT @rosiemalezer: #ChangeTheDate #AustraliaDay #Genocide #Enough #Australia @IndigenousXLtd https://t.co/M4KmMiPTXJ 1 hour ago
- My subconscious’ idea of sweet dreams was writing a detailed analysis of the Australian law enforcement landscape &… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- RT @davidozer: Hey #Earpers...who wants a signed script. Giving 1 away Friday. r/t and follow to win #WynonnaEarp 3 hours ago
- Current sexuality https://t.co/tcaIw2Y04L 12 hours ago
- my read shelf: