I had a mini-breakthrough today in my extremely long term goal to learn to speak German. I had my very first phone conversation all in German. It was to organise when the technician will come over to install the internet in my new apartment. The conversation itself was very simple, just finding out what days they had free and organising a time, but I didn’t need to ask them to switch to English or to go and grab someone who speaks German. I’m sure I got some grammar wrong but they understood me and that’s the most important thing.
- 101,230 hits
- RT @SignsFun: Think about it next time. https://t.co/YbVLisml24 27 minutes ago
- RT @postsecret: 5 years ago a pandemic would have meant the US Pandemic Response Team would give direct & current updates to the press & th… 5 hours ago
- RT @pat: In case anyone wasn't sure as to whether @TheTodayShow specifically and @Channel9 generally is racist and vile, here's yet another… 10 hours ago
- RT @Luiseach: just remembered this and nothing else matters 10 hours ago
- RT @ewarren: How do we get more women to run for president? Elect one for president. I'm ready. #CNNTownHall 11 hours ago
- my read shelf: