I had a mini-breakthrough today in my extremely long term goal to learn to speak German. I had my very first phone conversation all in German. It was to organise when the technician will come over to install the internet in my new apartment. The conversation itself was very simple, just finding out what days they had free and organising a time, but I didn’t need to ask them to switch to English or to go and grab someone who speaks German. I’m sure I got some grammar wrong but they understood me and that’s the most important thing.
- 96,442 hits
- RT @TheDefenders: Ready for round two? #DEFEND https://t.co/utAgg0nd3k 1 hour ago
- RT @dorothysnarker: You can't break up with me! I'm breaking up with you! So there! https://t.co/idnztlQgCD 1 hour ago
- RT @JessicaJones: Here's a tip. Try shutting up for a minute. It's easy and fun! Your friends can play along too. 1 hour ago
- The artists sure know how to party. It's 10pm & everyone's in bed. 1 hour ago
- Back here again. This time for a light show. (@ Taminaschlucht Thermalquelle) swarmapp.com/c/j9mLiubrP5l 4 hours ago
- my read shelf: