A look back at 2011 through the lens of Twitter. It is a little US-centric and does miss some of the important events of the latter half of 2011, like the uprisings in Syria and Yemen, but all in all, it is very interesting to see how Twitter has recorded history. I think the days have past where Twitter was known only for the recording of inane events in people’s lives and is now how the world communicates with each other about events that change history.
- 94,054 hits
- RT @extra3: Alle Jahre wieder! #Nikolaus https://t.co/0ylzOBRXYm 6 minutes ago
- RT @geekgirldiva: Representation Matters: How 'Supergirl' and one comic shop employee helped save a girl's life fw.to/yjlPaga via… 8 minutes ago
- RT @ziyatong: Finland Tourism 🤘 https://t.co/vFnGi5JZHn 20 minutes ago
- RT @ferdosnandos: Oh look, a highlights reel for 2016. https://t.co/QQq57OBe4I 23 minutes ago
- The small marina opposite my office building. instagram.com/p/BNrScUDgLBb/ 1 hour ago
- my read shelf: